Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Stitches

Brian got his first stitches last Friday. I came home after working a night shift and ran into him and his sister on the way to the ER. He had cut his thumb with a blade at work. It looked like a good amount of blood and once I peeked at the cut it was pretty deep right on the part that bends on his left thumb. Brian was really hoping the doctor would just clean it up and send him home with a big bandaide. Not this time! He ended up with 3 stitches in all. He also has to wear a brace to help keep his thumb straight. This was a huge day for Brian- he has never had stitches before! I do have to warn you that I have attached a few graphic pictures- but you know me I have to document every thing!

The boys trying on Dad's brace
Numbing the site

Stitch # 1

Sorry if the pictures gross you out! I always love watching stitches being done. On a fun note I get to remove them for Brian in 10 days! He seemed nervous on this but no worries honey if I can remove stitches from a child- I'm sure I can handle you :) 

1 comment:

j said...

I feel less bad about posting pictures of Nika's oxygen mask after seeing this. You just got right in there.