Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Day 4

Day 4- Muncho Lake, BC to Whitecourt, AB  (drove about 14 hours)

Today we left our cozy little cabin for another day of hitting the pavement. We tried to get up early to get more time behind us. Man we have been on the road a long time already and if you look at the map we are still very far from home. When we stopped at the hotel at the end of the day I read that we had travel 1890 mile already. Wow, that is a lot!

 We saw a lot of wild life today. We saw Elk, moose, sheep, and a few types of deer. I'm not sure of all the names of them.
 I already miss seeing all the moose around. I use to them alomst once a week driving to work.

Sheep

Abel entertaining himself by digging for gold

Axel keeping himself busy with his V-Tech


Pizza any one?
Nothing beats getting pizza delivered to your hotel room. Another day closes with a stay at a hotel. Axel had fun picking out a Canadian candy bars, which all have different names and French on them. We stopped at A&W for lunch thinking nice and easy but forgot the love of mayo that Canada has. Why do they put mayo on a burger? Yuck! Axel threw up in the car today because the roads were very curvy. Thankfully it wasn't a lot and we had a change of clothes handy. I just threw away his clothes. I did not want those clothes in the car for a few more days.  Man, I'm tired again just by going through all this. Almost home guys!
By the end of the day we were pretty much out of the moutains. I sure will miss that view but I was excited to see fields. A good sign that we are back in the mid-west. Corn fields here we come!

No comments: