Sunday, September 9, 2012


Day 2- Tok , AK to White horse, YT  (drove about 9 hours)

Crossing in to Canada!
Today we slept in a little and didn' t get on the road until 830am. We hit the boarder around 1030am. The boarder patrol looked at all of our documents and we passed through with out any issues. They didn't even look at the dogs paperwork. Glad I spent extra money right before we left to have the vet give her special papers that"she had to have" to cross into Canada.All he said was oh you have a green folder-I know what's in their. I totally got the folder at Fred Meyers for .30 cents! At least it looked official I guess. Oh well, at least we were prepared. Once you cross the boarder you have entered the Yukon Territory. Pretty much a whole lot's nothing!

 Taking a pit stop on the side of the road to let the boys play in the dirt and collect some rocks. Axel loves collecting rocks from everywhere. I didn't take as many pictures of the mountains this time. It's amazing how use to the mountains we are. I sure will miss that.

Axel enjoying a few gummy worms

Finally crashed out
I do have to say that yes, Abel is facing forwards. I switched him a little early for this trip. I was nervous about having him backwards and didn't want him snacking on things if I couldn't see him. I am a total carseat crazy lady too and didn't switch Axel until he was almost 2. He did great because of it though so I am glad we did it. He loved being able to look around more and to be able to see us easier. There was NO way I could have climbed in the backseat-it was full of stuff.
Tundra flags
 Okay, let me explain the flags on the side of the road. These flags are little warnings about the tundra heaves. They are caused by the permafrost and make the roads have crazy big dips- almost moggle like. They will launch our car if your not careful. It looks like like a nice little flag but once these guys start the driving slows down. I remember a lot more of these guys last time we did the drive. The heaves were much better in our Jeepp compared to the U-haul.
Night 2 in a hotel
 The boys thought it was great sleeping in hotels. Every place was dog friendly and very clean. Axel liked this room because it had blacks chairs and a black TV. We ran into a little issue on this day. Our credit cards/debit cards didn't work. Yikes, and of course we didn't have any Canadan cash. The bank activatived the okay to use in Canada on my old checking account. Yikes-I was a total mess. Thanks to my wonderful Mother-in we got a hotel for the night with dinner. (I had the best turkey BLT of my life) Of course we figured out the bank issue right away in the morning. We had no cell phone service this day either to top it off. Needless to say I was a nervous reck by time this day ended.
 Every thing in Canada is in kilometers per hour and the gas was in liters. Most of the roads you could go 100 km/hr-which was about 65 miles per hour. I was glad to be heading into day 3.

1 comment:

jules said...

Shhhh. We've had Mack forward-facing for a few months already. He is HORRIBLE in the car, and I was willing to try anything. I don't know if it worked wonders, or anything, but I do believe it helped.

Love seeing the pics of the bros together. Can't wait for Mack to have a sibling. :)