Saturday, July 30, 2011

Enjoying the weekend

Out for a hike-Axel leading the way
Abel coming along for the ride
Brian going off the beaten path
One of the many views
Axel helping dad with yard work
Such a good helper!
Abel is always watching Axel. Big brothers do the coolest things!
Of course once I said Axel don't touch Abel's head......what does he do? Poor Abel, I promise you'll catch up to your brother and be able to pick back! Soon enough...
I'm back to the cool mines full time now. Boo.... the boys are doing great at home with out me. Double boo... No really it's great that the boys are good. I just miss them when I'm working all day. At least I get to hold some babies at work once and a while-maybe that makes it worse? Axel has his open house for preschool next weekend. Wow, I can't believe that he's going to start preschool! I have the first day off of work at least so I can see him off. He is SO excited about starting 3 year old school. I think he has had his back pack and toys for show and tell ready for a month now! Brian and I will be volunteering at his preschool once a week. It gets a discount and I think it'll be fun to see what he is up to! And then we will each get time just with Abel once and a while. Otherwise we just having been enjoying the wonderful weather we have had this summer. It's been mostly sunny and around 70 with no humidity. It's lovely! We had a huge earthquake this week. It was a 5.3 on the rictor scale. That's the biggest I've felt so far. It woke me up and we felt the bed shaking for a while! Crazy...the funny thing is that the car alarm wasn't going off so I thought it was safe to go back to sleep. Sleep...oh blessed sleep will you come back to me again? Four hours at a time is just not enough!

4 comments:

jules said...

Ug. When will I hit 4 hours of sleep at a time? ;) Not yet. Sigh.

Oooh! When can I start using the Bumbo? Soon?!

Looks like you are enjoying Alaska to the fullest!

Rapp family fun said...

Julie-
Yeah the sleep is any where from 2-4 hours. Which is rough now that I am back to work! I love breast feeding awant to keep doing it but this no sleep thing is tough! Good luck with catching up with yours. I just took the Bumbo out this week. I'm not sure how old they should be to use it? I just thought it looked like fun to try a new spot. It only lasted a little while, but it's nice to mix up his little stations :) Hope all is well with you and Mack!!

j said...

I can't believe how big he is already. He totally looks like you!

Shelly Pagel said...

I still only get 3-4 hours of sleep at time! Ugh.. but for a while she did sleep all night long- I miss those days! I blame it on teething and ear infections- ick! But I know these days fly by, so I really don't mind it and seem to function well on little sleep.

I love all your hiking pictures-I'm jealous!

Abel and Axel are just the cutest pair!