Wednesday, May 25, 2011

It's nice to be home

Abel getting his hearing screen done before we left the hospital
He slept through the test and passed with flying colors!
Mountain views from my hospital room
Axel helping mom with her snacks
Here's my whole family!
Axel has been great with his little brother. He says that he is very soft and likes to give him kisses. I can't wait to see their relationship grow.
Abel and mom are doing well at home. We were discharged from the hospital on Monday evening. It's nice to have all of us together. Abel's discharge weight was 7 pounds 3 ounces. His bili level was 13. ( this is where they look to see if the baby looks yellowish) His level is in the middle range. We had a check up on Tuesday and Abel's weight is down to 6 pounds 15 ounces and his bili was up to 18. So for now we watch and see how things go. I've been feeding him every two hours and hoping that he poops a lot in the next 24 hours. (pooping helps clear out the bili from his system) It's normal to lose weight right away, they just keep on eye on things. We will do another check tomorrow. I feel like my milk is coming in and I hear Abel gulping more often so I think his weight will be on the rise again and his bili will be lower. Man there is a lot to keep track of with little ones. My blood pressure is much better. I ended up getting one dose of IV blood pressure medication while I was in the hospital. We will keep an eye on my BP for the next month or so also. Abel is such a sweet baby and I have been loving every minute of him!!

2 comments:

jules said...

Oh, he is SO cute, Shanna! Good job on the baby making, you guys!

I am so over being pregnant, and can't wait to meet our lil one!!!!

Shelly Pagel said...

Oh he's soo sweet! I miss that! When we brought Stella home Henry would always say "I want to pet her" : ) He did great with Stella, he only stepped on her once just to see what would happen... now they love each other and Stella loves Henry more than me I think! Stella didn't get back to her birth weight for 3 weeks! Once the 2 week mark hit, I had to take her in every 2 days for weight checks, so don't worry too much! Keep posting pictures-- rest up girl!