Wednesday, December 29, 2010

17 weeks

We had a doctor's appt. today. I love getting to hear the little heartbeat. When the doctor was trying to hear the heartbeat the baby kept kicking the probe as she laid it on my stomach. It was really cool. She let Axel help hold the probe on my stomach-he thought it was really neat being a helper. Because the baby was wiggling around so much she decided to get the mini ultrasound machine out to look at the heartbeat. We got to see the baby wiggling and his/her arm stretch out. LOVE IT!! I feel the baby moving some times, but seeing how much the baby was jamming around during the exam there are a lot of kicks and somersaults that I am not feeling yet. I think I have an active little dude in there! I remember Axel was a shaker and a mover also. The heartbeat was around 135-140 beats per minute. Per the old wives tale if the heartbeat is under 140 it leads to the blue team....we'll see if that's true. We get to have our big ultrasound in 2 weeks! I can't wait for January 11th!!! We are totally going to find out what we are having. I can't wait. As long as the baby shows us, if he/she wants to keep it a secret then we will but if he/she wants us to know then we will find out.
Grandma Ann just arrived today from Minnesota. It's so nice having family out here. Axel ran to here in the airport and with his arms wide open yelled "welcome to Alaska Grandma!" It was super cute. I hope she enjoys her week out here.

2 comments:

j said...

I hope you are going to share that information, and I hope it's a girl so I have someplace to get rid of all these pink onesies . . .

jules said...

Ooohh! My prediction is a boy. Yep. 100% boy. So far my prediction rate is 0%. Yep. 2 guesses. 2 guesses wrong. Can't wait to find out!!!