Tuesday, January 20, 2015

I Lost My Green Thumb!

These are the plants I used to grow!


This is my sad plants today!
I think I lost my green thumb! Once upon a time when I had no kids and empty rooms in my house I use to focus on growing orchids.  I had a room just for them.  The room had special lights and was warm just for my plants.  I would have orchids in different phases- ready to bloom and waiting to bloom.  I remembered to water them, feed them and watch them grow.  When I moved to Alaska I gave my Mom my orchids-which I think she still has a few alive.  I haven't been able to take them back because I just don't have the space for them.  I did how ever take my Christmas cactus back from my mother in-law.  She did so well keeping it alive for me when we lived out of state.  Now look what I have done with it!  The saddest part for me is that it came from my great grandma's plant. I was so proud to have a part of her plant.  It use to flower every winter for me.  Now look at it! I think I just noticed it today- sad sitting in the corner.  What has happened to my green thumb! I have a few more distractions these days :)  Note to self-  you only have one living plant in the house, try to remember to water it.  I think as soon as my focus changed to 'growing' children I forget how to focus on growing other things.  I mean seriously I'm surprised I don't forget the dogs some days.  Life is busy with different priorities.  Maybe I should add my sad plant to my list this of To Do's this year.  

No comments: