Monday, January 12, 2015

A New Year

Another year has come and gone. Time really does fly!  Some times I feel caught up in the rat race of life and the same patterns each day or week.  Then all of a sudden a year slips by.  The house is still a mess, the kids are growing like weeds and I feel busier every day.  Here is a short recap of what we were up to this year.
1.  I started and finished my first year of Graduate school.  (Not to toot my own horn but I also finished with a 4.0!)
2.  We had a baby!  Ansel B Rapp.  Our third son.  We would not be complete with out you.
3.   I reached my goal weight after having a baby.  Love getting back into my 'regular' jeans.  
4. Brian and his sister Tracy became owners in the business Infinity Plastics.  Very proud of you guys!
5. Our dog Jazz died.  I still struggle with this one. She was the best dog ever.
6.  Found a new mole had it looked at by the dermatologist.  I was told it was only an age spot.  Yes, thank you that was super reassuring.
7.  I organized one closet.  I know it doesn't seem like much but it feels amazing.  It has stayed organized too!  When I get over whelmed in life I open the closet and it makes me feel good.

Goals for this coming year:
1. Stick with school.  Keep on keeping on and I'll be half way done at the end of this year.  One class at a time.
2.  Try to find more time for me.  Not sure how I fit this into my schedule but I'm going to try.  Even just finding more time to read, try to get back into Yoga or go for a short walk.  Something not school related would be nice.  :)
3.  Get in shape.  Okay I reached my goal weight after having the baby but things do not look like they once did.  Maybe this is a part of finding more time for me.  I don't care about loosing weight but more of a focus on healthy choices and feeling better each day.
4.  Get more organized.  Brian likes to say that if I'm not organized now that I most likely I won't get any better at it.  I would like to prove him wrong on this one and hope to become more organized the older I get!
5.  Slow down and enjoy the moment.  Life really does fly by and I don't want to spend it in cruise control.  Enjoy each moment I have with my kids and husband.  Try to be a better Mother and Wife to them each day.

I don't like to do new years resolutions but like the idea of a list of To Do's for the year.  I'm sure it will change but putting some thing down in print helps me have a focus point to start with.  Cheers to another year.  May we all have health and prosperity!

1 comment:

jules said...

Congrats on the 4.0....and the goal weight already! That is amazing. :) And life really does go too quickly. I cannot imagine adding school and another kid onto what feels like an already full schedule, but like everything...you make it work, right?!