Thursday, August 1, 2013

Summer check list

I have lived in MN most of my life- except the 2 years in Alaska- but there are ionic MN things I haven't seen or done. This summer I wanted to get a few of them off my list. This is one of them. To see the spoon with the cherry on it. I've driven by it many time but not actually seen it. It's located right by the Walker Art Museum in Minneapolis.

                     Did you know that the cherry has water coming out of the top? I didn't know that!
Axel being a sculpture. Abel just being himself



Pondering minds

                                         The boys taking time to stop and smell the flowers.



It was a fun day walking around the city and looking at art. A good thing to teach my boys. Axel said that it wasn't a park like he was thinking but he still had a good time. We finished the day with going out for pizza- all of our favorite kind of food. On the way to the pizza place one of Axel's favorite songs came on the radio. I told him it's good sign for other good things to come. (I always love when I have a good moment and then get into the car to hear my jam.) He responded by stated that it would be the best day ever if a T-Rex would fall from the sky or if he could live in a castle with a dungeon. Quite the wishes. Neither of these happened but all in all it was a great day!

1 comment:

Greta said...

Axel and Abel -- perfect names for brothers! I miss Mpls! Been to the Walker plenty of times but clearly not in the past 7 years since moving to Cincinnati. Looks like you had a great time! :)