Sunday, March 20, 2011

Dance class

Working on their moves

Stretching out
Axel in his dance class. It's fun to watch him! It makes me miss teaching dance. He also started his Kneehi Naturalist class today. He takes that class out at the nature center. They learn about nature and animals. This week they learned about animal tracks. They played with dino's and playdoh to see what types of tracks they make. The kids also made a plaster track from a real animal-Axel's was a beaver. Then after reading a book about tracks they go for a hike to look for what they learned. During the hike they looked for animals, fur, skat(poo) and signs that the animals were eating off the plants and trees.
On the baby front. I am 29 weeks pregnant now! Things are going well, but I've been starting to get high blood pressure. I did the same with Axel but not until I was 37 weeks along, so it's happening a little earlier this time. My blood pressure have been around 140/80- 150/90, which is high! I feel okay, but I've been getting bad headaches. So now I'm on the watch, I check my blood pressure at work and hope it doesn't go any higher. The doctor has also been watching my urine for protein-which can be a sign of preaclampsia-but we are not talking about any of that quite yet. For the time being I'm suppose to take it easy and get my feet up when ever I can. (this is not easy with a 3 year old at home!) Each week will tell us more. Okay little baby, please stay in your mommies tummy until you are bigger-it's not time yet!

3 comments:

jules said...

Hope everything is ok, Shanna! Make your men wait on you! :)

I didn't know you taught dance class!

Rapp family fun said...

Julie-
Yeah I used to teach dance from about 14-25 years old. I really liked it. It was one of the best things I've ever been able to do. It was so fun!!Some day I'll get back in to it.

j said...

I hope you feel better!

I was at the gymnastics club teaching a class - and Tom was there too - and he snuck up behind me and jumped over my head - and it reminded me of when we used to throw beanie babies over the edge of the loft. (That was after we drank our brown sodas with ice)

It made me miss you!