Saturday, February 19, 2011

Jack Sprat, a cute little place to eat in Girdwood AK. The place is a little hippy resturant with foods like Yam fries and other things I can't even spell! I had the most amazing french toast here. The toast had banana burlee on top on them-like a fried banana with brown sugar topping-hard to explain but AMAZING. It's not just my pregnancy taste buds talking here either, Brian stated that his french toast was EPIC! Yummy...it makes me want to go back today for more!
We got a surprise visitor last week. Our friend Brent, from Cannonfalls MN. He wrote me on facebook stating that he would be in tomorrow! To funny. It was a welcomed surprise. He of course showed up the week that MN was in the 40's and AK was in the single digits! Welcome to AK in the winter. We attempted to get out and show his some of the amazing things that AK has to offer. I felt bad because there is some much that is restricted until the summer. But I think he still got to see some really cool stuff.
We took the tram to the top of a mountain at Alyeska Ski resort. I can't believe the little people I saw skiing down the mountain! It made me want to ski but it also made me a little nervous. It was a litte foggy that day but the view was still really amazing. Sorry welch....you just don't compare!
The top of the mountain-where the tram left us. There was one more ski left from here that went up further! Because of the fog that day it looked like the lift disappeared...scary! You can see the sun trying to peek over the mountains and thru the fog.

We are getting more and more sunlight every day. I think we are gaining about 7 minutes a day. I love having sunlight on the horizon when I drive to and from work. I am 25 weeks pregnant now. Wow! It sure is starting to get there. I feel good, just been starting to get headaches once and a while and of course generalized achiness. But my body is going through some crazy stuff, I guess I would expect some aches and pains! I feel the baby jamming around in my tummy every day. I love his flips and turns! We had a doctor's visit this week. It's so fun getting to hear the heartbeat. (which was in the 140's) My next doctor's visit I have to do the glucose test. Where you drink the sugar water stuff and see if my pancreas is working hard enough or not. Luckily I asked my doctor if it was a fasting test or not, because she had me scheduled at 4pm. (then finding out that I can't eat for 8 hours before the test. Whoo..I was not going to be a happy prego lady that day) Needless to say, I changed the appointment to early in the morning. I've started to buy a few diapers and slowly get ready Axel's old clothes washed up and ready for the baby. I love walking by his room seeing the crib and rocker ready to be used. And the clothes, I forget how little they are! Axel is doing awesome and loves his dance class. He listen's to his teacher really well and has been learning some new moves!

1 comment:

jules said...

Ooohhhh! Beautiful photos! Makes me wanna go skiing! Maybe next winter. ;) Don't think my baby would like that very much right now.

Yay to 25 weeks! They told me not to fast! Weird. She told me to eat lots of protein, but not many carbs. Hope you pass! (Otherwise round 2 is getting your blood drawn 4 times!) My sis had to do it. Ug. Hate needles.

Cheers to