Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Black Eyes

So hear is the story:
Axel was playing around and literally ran right in to the coffee table.  I wasn't home when it happened but Brian said he hit the table straight on while running down the hall or some thing.  When I got home he had a big egg on his head and a head ache. Every thing else seems fine so we didn't bring him in to the doctors.  Then 3 days later he develops two black eyes! We totally didn't bring him in when it happened- he seemed fine, no headaches, no mental status changes- I feel like a terrible mother.  Each day he develops more color around his eyes but his nose isn't swollen any more.  I was nervous that he may have broken it?!  We did see his doctor today and ended up having an x-ray just incase any thing was broken but it seems like a just watch and let it heal kind of thing.  (we haven't heard about the x-ray result but I'm sure tomorrow) Poor Axel.  He starts 3rd grade next week and I think he still might have a brown/yellow bruise around both his eyes. 
Ouch!!

Black eyes and a swollen nose

Mom- stop pestering me- I'm fine!!

No comments: