Sunday, November 11, 2012

EPIC iPhone ?!

This last week has been a daze. It seems like longer than a week sense I last wrote here. Man, our lives have gotten busy.  Day care seems to be getting better-not great yet-but better. I keep hearing give it a month and things will be better. We are at the four week mark so maybe things will take a turn this week. We will see.....   I promise boys Mom will always come back and feel guilty for leaving you at daycare so you know your good for some extra play time once you get home. :)
All of my pictures today come from my new iPhone. For those of you that know me well, getting a cell phone is a huge step for me. I went almost 10 years with out a cell phone and then got a pay as you go phone when I was prego with Abel. (after getting stuck in the ice/snow one day while prego and having to walk a mile home- Brian made me get one) But I have recently entered the modern world and got a smart phone. I can text now and every thing! hee hee. No really I didn't text but maybe three times before I got my phone. It was a big step for me. Some things you just have to stick to, but others you have to learn to just go with it. I guess I figure I better get one before Axel totally schooled me on technology. He already nows how to work the phone with great ease. Kids are amazing how they pick that stuff up. So yes the big news....I have a smart phone. I feel so savvy!
Abel styling!

Work is going well for me. I start the EPIC program this week. (essentials of progressive and critical care nursing) It is a 12 week internship that I have to endure. I will have an average of 3 days of classes a week (8 hour days) and work 2 days on my unit. There will be a lot to learn and I am a little nervous about it but I love that I get to work along side classes, which will help me take in all the information and be able to apply it to my practice. The program is through Mayo-they have all our their ICU (intensive care unit) nurses do the program. The part that stressses me is that you have to test out at the end. I'm all like so what if you don't pass? I'm not going to think like that.... So I'll start hitting the books again this week. The few days I have spent on my unit were really amazing. I am so luckly to be able to work along side some crazy, amazing, smart people and can't wait to start to learn from them. I know the PICU (ped's ICU) will be super sad at times and exciting at others but I'm super excited to learn the role. Oh..and it does make me squeeze my boys harder every day and thank the stars that they are healthy and amazing!  

2 comments:

jules said...

Oh gosh....I cannot imagine that job as a mother. I can definitely see how it would make you really appreciate the health of your kiddos. Wow.

j said...

1) Nika is already better at the iphone than Rico is.

2) You better check in on that daycare hottie and make sure she's suitable in-law material.

3) You will pass your test!!!!You work harder at that stuff than anybody I've ever met.