Tuesday, August 28, 2012

One more day

I am working my last full day in Alaska! Wow, the last month sure has gone fast. I can't believe that this week is here already. I am planning on leaving work at 2 pm tomorrow and then we are hoping to get on the road by 4 pm. Why did I say that I would work a half day? Now I just want to go! I'm sad to leave all the amazing people that I have met here but I am getting anxious for the adventure ahead! Axel poped one of air matresses last night so the three of us had to snuggle on one matress together. (luckily they are big queesn size and double high) But still not that big. Axel thought it was great geting to sleep with both of his parent's. One more night then the crummy hotel bed will feel amazing! Can't wait. One week from tomorrow we will be in MN! I have been trying to remember the smell in AK. When I first got here I could smell it-not so much any more. I hope I don't forget the smell of the mountains.

On a another note- Abel is 15 months! When did that happen? Slow down little one. He is so not a tiny baby any more. He has really started to get his own personality. He loves his big brother and doing any thing he does. He likes to tickle us and chase his brother around. He pulls up on everything and walks along the furniture but is still working on standing and walking-he is close. He has learned to drink from a straw. (I know right?!) Thanks to Jill for his new cool straw cup for the drive. He loves his bathtime again. (he had a short time when he would cry in the tub) He is a pretty good eater-fruits and veggies any ways. The only meats he likes are chicken nuggets and hotdogs. Overall he is a pretty cool little guy :) I can't believe how many people haven't met him yet. I'm sure he will be overwhelmed with people when we get home. He is not use to being around any one but us. Don't worry Abel we'll take it slow! And Mom gets a almost 2 months home with you before she starts her new job. I can't wait for the time with my boys!!

1 comment:

jules said...

2 months at home with your boys in the fall?!?! Can anything be better!? I am SO jealous, Shanna!!!!!