Monday, January 16, 2012

My list 2012 verision



So it's a new year and every one has things they want try better at or attempt for the first time. I have been thinking about this new year and what it will bring for me. (and of course my family) I'm not big at saying I have a new year's resolution-I normally say my new years resolution is NOT to have one! But I have decided to write a short list of hopes and dreams for the year.

1. Take a class-something like Yoga would be amazing or maybe even finally start my Master's program that I keep delaying.
2. Snuggle my kids more :)
3. Have a date night-we have not had one of these sense we moved to AK :( No family to watch the babies. I have never left Axel or Abel with a non family member and don't think I am ready still.
4. Snuggle my husband more- a date night would help this!
5. Cook more- and try different things.
6. Read more books. I used to do good at this but it has really slowed down.
7. Call my sisters more. Even though we have our differences it's amazing having sisters and I love each one of them for who they are. (if I was in MN I would say that we should have sister dates again-but maybe that one will be for next year?)
8. Start jogging again. Winter is hard for this and a treadmill is on my list but once summer hits there should be no excuse. Well-at least walk every night-then I can bring my boys.
9. Attempt to be more girly. This one will be hard but it could start out by painting my finger nails or curling my hair more often. (maybe for the date night?) I think with 3 boys in the house I might have to go buy some pink shoes or something also!
10. Watch less TV-this may help the reading more!
11. Get more sleep-um Abel you can help mom with this one! :) Yes, he is still NOT sleeping through the night.
12.Go fishing-out here it's Halibut or Salmon.
13. Grow some thing-like veggie's or maybe I'll try to get my orchids back up and blooming.
14. Drink more water-and less Mt. Dew (for those who have worked with my you understand how big this one is. I do great at home with water drinking but I end up drinking lot's soda at work. The hours do help-but no excuse-water is good for you!)
15. Take more pictures-I'm sure Brian will laugh a this one because I take lot's of pictures. But the boys change so much so fast and I want to remember every minute of it!
16. Get into my skinny jeans! The jogging and water might help this one.

I'm sure I could keep thinking of things but here are a few of the ideas I have for this year. Here's hoping that I accomplish some of them!

1 comment:

jules said...

That sounds like an awesome list. :) Too bad you weren't in MN. We could accomplish some things together, cuz I want to do lots of those as well.