Saturday, April 16, 2011

Wonderful Spring weekend

It's a beautiful spring weekend here in Alaska. The temp's are around 50 degrees and a lot of the snow has melted. We went to a park/trails down by the ocean. It was really nice to be outside and enjoy the weather. Axel loved all the mud every where and had a blast getting nice and dirty!
View of one of the mountain ranges across the ocean, half of the water it is still icy. I should learn all the mountain's names but there are so many I don't know all of them yet.
Axel taking a break during our walk.
Dad and Axel getting adventurous down by the ocean. I'm still a little top heavy these days so I stayed back to take pictures!
Cheese! I can't wait for summer!! It's almost here. The days are getting longer-we gain about 6 minutes of sunshine per day here. Right now the sunrise is around 7am and the sunset is around 9pm. I can't wait to see what the long Alaskan summer days are all about. Luckily we have darkening blinds in all the bedrooms so the kids will sleep? maybe?

3 comments:

jules said...

Oh wow! I forgot about what summer days are like there?! How much sunshine is there?!?!

Rapp family fun said...

Julie-
I think the longest day is around mid-July and I think the sunsets around midnight and rises again around 4am? We moved here in Sept so i haven't seen a whole summer yet. It should be really interesting! I hope the boys sleep.

Shelly Pagel said...

Axel is so stinkin cute! Greats pics and looks like the shower was fun! : ) Keep resting and keep momma and baby healthy for a few more weeks!