Monday, July 20, 2009

Ear infection

I wrote last week how Axel wasn't feeling good all week. Well after waiting until Friday to bring him to the doctor's (we had an appointment already set up for a weight check) I find out that he has an ear infection. Poor guy! I feel like the worse mom for waiting until Friday to bring him in. We started antibiotics and numbing ear drops and now he seems to be feeling much better. I just feel terrible for missing that he had an ear infection. It's hard because he didn't have a fever since Monday, he didn't have any ear drainage and his ear wasn't red. (that what happens to my dog?) It's just hard when they are teething because then all the symptoms seem to relate to the teeth not another body systems that I should be reviewing! The most important thing is that Axel is back to his silly goofy self! We even went to the MN Zoo on Sunday with Grandma Ann, Tracy and Ethan. Last time we brought him there he couldn't walk yet so it was fun watching him take every thing in again. We had a great day, the weather was perfect and Axel passed out before we got to the car. I love planning a day of fun and burning Axel so hard that he can't help but pass out! (you know it's been a day then!)
Weight check-20 lbs 5 oz
What a big boy! :) So now the big question in our house is should we turn around his car seat? Don't laugh because this is a big decision! I say No way, the most recent research says don't turn them around until 2 years or 30 pounds. Brian really wants to turn him forward so he can see us easier, he could watch a DVD and to save the back part of our truck seats. I know I'm a little anal on the topic but I'm a child passenger safety technician at work and it taints me on the issue. Don't worry I'm not a crazy lady that will make my 13 year stay in a booster seat. (even though the new law is a booster until age 8 or 4'8'', which I'm sure my kid will be 8 before he's 4'8'') When did you all turn your kiddo's around? Am I being too crazy anal on this topic and should I just let Brian do it?! Share your thoughts if you want.

2 comments:

* said...

I just put Kooka back in a car seat. At first she was ticked off - but then said - wow this is actually pretty comfortable. If it was me I'd leave him facing the back until he's about 12.

Shelly Pagel said...

We turned the car seat about 13 months olf or so... he was over the 20lbs at that time... he's already 26lbs, and they always say to go more by weight than age.. so being he just turned 20lbs, I'd hang on to backwards as long as Axel doesn't mind.. but it is really nice being forward too.. good luck on your decision!