Saturday, December 20, 2008

Tis the season....

So I guess it's the season for little ones to be sick! Axel was not feeling well all last weekend. He was having issues with the milk-or so I thought until he had loose stools all weekend. I know it sounds sick (I'm a nurse so nothing grosses me out!) but the poor dude would have at least 8 crazy loose stools a day. Luckily when we went shopping he waited until we got home! Then on Sunday he had a low grade temp. of 100.4. You would have never known that he was sick all weekend. He was his happy content self but man he went thru the diapers! Any ways... by Monday his fever was gone and so was all the poo. I called the nurse line at Mayo on Sunday night just in case and it sounds like it was just virus that he was fighting. So now I'm unsure about the milk issue? Do I restart attempting to introduce milk or do I wait? Was the rash on his tummy related to the tummy and poo issues? Maybe I'll wait to talk to his doctor again... It sure is stressful being in charge of some one. I thought dogs were alot of work!

One super cool thing that Axel learned just last week was to really say mom! He says it like 'mum'. Okay I think I've heard him make little noises that sound like he's saying mom, but this was the real deal! I was eating dinner and he was crawling by my legs and he looked up, grabbed my pant leg and said mum! So cool!!! Oh... he also learned how to give high five. It's so much fun to see all the stuff he keeps learning. I can't wait to see how he reacts to Xmas! We have a cookie baking day at my mom's this weekend so I'm sure I'll have some new things to share.

No comments: