Monday, January 9, 2017

Axel turns 9

Axel celebrated his 9th birthday last week!!! He is such an amazing kid.  I can't believe how much I have learned by being his Mom.  Axel this year:
* always questioning things-even before you think he is old enough for the answers
*he is articulate and can carry a conversation with any adult
*he is in 3rd grade- he has learned the love of books- has finished 2 Harry Potter books. He does awesome at Math and pretty good at Spelling
*he has become a much better eater and actually likes to try new things- he has even started to cook a few things- like mac & cheese and peanut butter sandwiches :)
*he is the born leader of his brothers- this is good and bad-depends his mood :)
*he has a crazy amount of energy- some days we can tunnel this and other days are trickier!
*he helps around the house and with his brothers- some times I hold him to high standards but he tolerates me- most of the time
*he likes to be involved in sports- so far soccer and basketball
*he has lost a ton of teeth(I think like 8 or 10?) - he doesn't like his smile right now but also doesn't want braces yet
*he loves playing on his tablet- games and watching funny animal videos
*he has started to like his room clean and organized- I love this one- the littlest brother makes this one hard some days
*favorite shows- Gumball, We Bare Bears, Nova, Mars and Building in the Yukon
*what he wants to be when he grows up- a scientist or work at NASA or he said there are a lots of things he wants to do
*he was picked to be a part of the school newspaper, called the Candle.  He needed a teachers recommendation to be on the team, The group meets on Thursdays, they learn each part of the newspaper- he has done an interview and is writing his first article. I can't wait to see the first issue :)

I know there is more I should write about this crazy awesome oldest son of mine.  He has grown and changed so much in the last 9 years!  He loves to hear his birth story and how I held him for days straight counting every freckle on his body.  I'm so proud and stressed out by him every day.  Please keep being the awe-inspiring person you are Axel.  I can't wait to see what this year will be like.  Remember your my first and each phase you hit is new for me too!  I'm still trying to figure out this being a Mom thing and I really try my best.  I love you SO much. 
Birthday dinner and cake at Buca's!

Waiting for the B-day song!
Buca's is our favorite place to celebrate!!


Axel was afraid the one piece of cake wouldn't be enough for all of us
Not a Buca sized cake!

We did eat food first- just did the cake pictures ahead of the food

Happy Birthday Axel!!!

Eating with his brothers!

Kitchen table is the best
Fried Cheese app's from the chef!

Eating spaghetti like Men
My little Axel- not so little any more

Coins from Grandpa- he was SO excited

When asked what he wanted for his b-day:
A human heart or body to study from.
Right up my ally but figured dad could deal with this one too!

More body and skeleton learning

This book is SO cool! He said this is the best B-day gifts ever!
Coins and human body stuff!!

Put together and on his shelf

Brownies to celebrate the day after school


                                                      Happy Happy Birthday Axel!!!

No comments: