Tuesday, February 3, 2015

The Love Of Reading

Getting ready for bedtime

Our recent books
I hope to teach my boys the love of reading.  I have always enjoyed a good book and have learned so much from taking the time to read.  I should do it more often- right now it's all text books for me. It seems like each night I end up reading two or three little kids books to the older boys.  I have decided instead to start reading small chapter books. (like around 3rd grade level)  The boys have started to learn how the story continues through out the book and enjoy it's characters.  I love that they ask me each night "One more chapter!"  The Big Fat Zombie GoldFish is the most recent one.  (of course there is always a dino book sprinkled into the mix!)  Who doesn't love a story with zombie goldfish and evil eels? :) I hope I can instill a life long love for books!
(my new obsession with the TV show Walking Dead may have influenced this choice!)

2 comments:

Greta said...

Yay for books! I am hoping my little ones love to read like I did. So how is it going having three kiddos??? We are forever debating having a third, and I'd love to hear how you feel the transition went. Your boys are absolutely adorable... :D

Rapp family fun said...

Thanks Greta-
I think the transition has gone well. Me and the hubby were broke in by the other two I guess. Meaning- we are already up in the morning and use to the kid pattern. I think the older boys have done really well with the baby and are such good helpers! My 7 year old is a life saver some times- allows for easier shower time or even just bathroom time! I do feel some times really stretched out between all three. I want to give each one some alone time- easier said then done. Having three does make a few things harder- like cars, hotels and such. But I think we are starting to level out and I can't image our family with out all 3 boys. Life sure is busy and crazy but I am blessed!
My hubby is happy Ansel's 1st B-day is around the corner. He likes the toddler phase much more.