Monday, May 5, 2014

Learning to Breathe

I finished my first class in Grad school!  It's was hard finding my school groove- writing paper's with APA format, power points, research, theory and reading a lot of books.  Dispute being pregnant and having a new born baby during my first class... I did it.  I finished the first class.  I truly think it'll be my hardest one.  Now hopefully I have my school mojo back and I'll be done with my program before I know it.

For my practicum part of the class I learned about alternative medical therapies.  I got to experience a prenatal energy healer as a part of the class.  It's some thing I had never done before and didn't even know I would be open to 'that type' of thing.  It was a cool and powerful experience.  I learned a lot about meditation and breath.  I hope I continue to practice what I have learned and apply it to my personal and professional life.  To be a calmer, gentler, more present person.  I'm not sure if I'll ever believe in crystals that can heal me or rocks that can align my chakra's but I like the breath part of some of the therapies- like yoga and meditation.


1 comment:

jules said...

Totally agree. Breath really does change everything. Too often I find myself holding mine. As soon as I do, I take a minute to take a couple deep breaths, and almost immediately, feel more relaxed and calmer.

Yoga rocks. ;) I've been doing it since I moved to the cities, 10 years ago. It really is life-changing. (Even got Jeremy to do it now, and he loves it as well.) And the helping you get back into shape is just a little side benefit. :)