Friday, June 22, 2012

More family time 2012

 Axel had so much fun playing in the ocean. It's hard to get to the water in Anchorage-to many mud flats. That's why Homer is so amazing. We stayed at a town house right on the spit.(the spit is a giant sand bar the stretches out of the main land.)I added a picture of the spit so you can get the idea. The town house had 4 bedrooms and 3.5 bathrooms. It had so much room for all of us to stretch out. It was my most favorite place I've been to in Alaska. Once again I LOVE HOMER AK! The weather was amazing and we couldn't ask for better company! It's fun to able to share some of the amazing things in Alaska with our family before we move back to MN.

Grandma and my boys

Game time

                                                       Abel was getting really good at twister! :)
The place we stayed at-The Lands End Resort Town houses

Axel with a sea star

My family

Abel on the beach
Abel had so much fun playing on the rocky beaches. He is such a happy baby. He did great on the 4.5 hour drive and during all of our adventures. Axel was collecting shells all weekend. I think he brought home like 5 pounds of shells. I don't know what I'm going to do with them. He loves to collect things. And rocks-he picked out a green one for Mom and a grey one for Dad.
Raindeer farm-feeding Denali the moose

Ann has been to Alaksa 4 times and still hadn't seem a moose. We brought them to the raindeer farm so she could finally see one! It's crazy because it's really hit or miss when you see one but serioulsy 4 times in Alaska and you haven't seen a moose?! I some times will see one every day on the way to work! I did hear that finally see saw on- on the way to the airport! I'm so glad that you finally got o see a moose in the wild Ann!

Working on brownie points for christmas!

Axel thought it was a good idea to give the raindeer some extra grass so that they could be ready for Christmas this year!

The gang hanging on the spit-Homer AK

Playing on the Kenai River

This is a picture f the spit in Homer AK
The whole gang- minus Willie
Axel had a great time entertaining the gang. He already misses you Grandma! He is counting down the days until he gets to visit you again. 2 months isn't so bad! For every one that hasn't heard yet- we are returning to MN. I think we will be moving at the end of August. I have a new job lined up and we are just finishing off out last sumer out here. I will be returning to the Mayo Clinic as a PICU nurse. (pediatric intensive care unit) I'm very excited and nervous at the same time. Axel has been having me take pictures of every things he will miss-like the mountains..oh yeah and the chair. I had to go through evey thing in the house that we were going to take with. He's so funny-don't worry buddy the fridge can't come with but we will have another! 

2 comments:

j said...

Sort of makes our trip to the zoo last weekend look at little lame. I love the look of that beach.

j said...

Oh yeah - and when are you moving back to MN? I heard rumors, but didn't know for sure . . . now I'm rereading your whole blog to see if I missed it.