Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Halibut fishing

One of the deck hands cutting up our fishing on the boat
 Of course my pictures are out of order a little but oh while. We [my family, Grandma Rapp, Beth, Ethan and Willie] just got back from Homer AK. It was the MOST amazing time! The weather was perfect-which is rare there- and we had so many adventures. Here is the start of them. Halibut fishing! So much work but man was it fun!! Oh yeah, my computer crashed the day we got back! Grr...but my memory [aka all my pictures] was saved and I got a new fancy computer so I guess it worked out.
Our boat

On the trip out to the chicken hole

Beth working it

Her catch!

Brian waiting to get his fish on


Brian fishing

The catch of the day

The view
All of us caught our limt-2 Halibut a peice-during our half day of fishing. We sailed out about an hour and then went fishing. We also caught a couple of yellow fin skull fish-which are posionous and had to send them back. I wish I had a picture of each of us with our fish but it was hard work and there wasn't much time for pictures. We also were moving around on the boat a lot and weren't always next to each other. The waves got a little crazy and it was hard to stand let alone move. It was very interesting at times. My arms are bruised and I was so tired but once again man it was fun! More to come of our Homer trip.

No comments: