Monday, November 22, 2010

Ice day for Mom

Dad and Axel in their matching TC hats.

Shout out to the Twin Cities!!
Keeping the brim straight mom, that's what all the kids do these days....
I was just playing around with the camera today since I was iced in. I attempted to drive to work this morning but the roads were like ice rinks. It was really scary and a little insane. I ended up turning around before I even got out of Eagle River. I got about 1.5 miles from the house and got stuck on the side of the road in the middle of a ton of other cars that were stopped dead in their tracks. I walked home (since I still don't have a cell phone-I know, I'm getting one today!) and Brian being the wonderful hubby that he is got the car home safe and sound. It was so icy out there today I could barely walk home. I did fall twice but not on my tummy-on my butt. I was super upset either way. Talked with my doctor and they reassured me that there is plenty of padding for the baby and every thing is OK. Now we are all in for the day enjoying cartoons and snacks! I got my feet up and Axel is snuggling me. Not a bad way to spend on Monday!

On a happier baby note I am 12 weeks along now. One more week and I'll be in the second trimester! The baby is about 3 inches long and the size of a plum. Crazy how he/she has grown even from last week! We have a doctor visit next week so we'll get to hear the heart beat then.

No comments: