Sunday, September 12, 2010

Eagle River Nature Center

We went for a hike to day at the Eagle River Nature Center which is about 10 miles from our house. One of the trails was blocked off because of bear activity relate to the Salmon in the river. Don't worry we didn't end up seeing any bear on the trails that we went on.
Axel strutting on the trails

Axel and dad


I can't believe that this week is almost over. I have to start week on Monday. Brian, Axel and I went out to dinner with all the new people that I am going to work with last night. It was a nice dinner but a little stressful meeting every one. They all seem really nice. I got to eat my first Alaskan Halibut! It was really good. Back to the real world on Monday. It sure has been nice having some time off to enjoy our new surroundings. The weather has been pretty nice here. It's been a little rainy some days but this weekend it's been in the mid 60's and sunny.
Things Axel is in to right now:
he loves Caillou-it's TV show
he wakes me up every morning and says "what are we going to do today mom?"
he likes to take all of his toys and put them in a line which he calls a 'train' then if I try and move them to pick them up he gets up set that I'm messing up his train
he loves trucks and building with his blocks-when we drive around he finds buildings that he tells me that he built for me
he also likes to say "Love you me" instead of saying I love you

3 comments:

j said...

ONLY you two, would look at a park, realize that giant bears are hunting for food right there, and say, hey - that looks like a good family outing - why don't we just take a little hike.

WTH?

I hope you were packing heat.

I would have hiked through that trail in my SUV - with the windows rolled up, and a tranquilizer gun on my lap.

Rapp family fun said...

The bears were totally done another trail. We did see a little bear scat though. There was a ton of other people out at the park that day too. We can carry a gun in this state with out a permit and they have bear spray but as long as you are aware things are safe. There are bears every where here. There was one in our neighbors yard last week.

j said...

Wth is bear SPRAY? the stuff they make here won't even keep the mosquitos away!!

Good thing you've taken up running 5Ks - because as long as you can outrun all of the other people in the park, you'll be in good shape.

Glad you guys are having fun!