Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Father's Day

Axel and mom cooked dad breakfast and got him a balloon and a card. I don't know about dad but Axel sure loved the balloon. I was surprised we got it home for dad with out Axel popping it.
Brian went golfing with his dad in the afternoon. Brian really hasn't golfed in about 3 years now, so I was happy that finally he was out on the course again. Hopefully it will help him get his mojo back just in time to start teaching Axel his swing! When Brian was golfing Axel and I went to visit my parent's and stopped by Great Grandma's house. Axel had a great time watching the chickens, petting the baby chick's and watching the fish they have in their pond. Axel thought it was super cool sitting on Grandpa's tractor but he started to cry once grandpa started it up! He wasn't to sure where that big noisy thing was going to take him. Then Axel and I met Brian and Jason for dinner at the Country Kitchen. (limited choices on a Sunday night in cannon falls) I was a little nervous since we didn't go for dinner until 800pm and Axel is sleeping by then most of the time. But Axel was happy so I thought I'd try it. He did great! He ate his Mac-n-cheese and even dipped his toast into Jason's Ranch dressing. Thanks Jason for sharing! When we got home I thought for sure Axel was going to crash soon....but no he was such a goof ball and stayed up until 11pm!! He was super happy-he was playing outside, reading books, playing with dad's new balloon and just being a silly boy...I guess the fun never stops on Father's day! I had a hard time putting him to bed because he was being such good boy and having so much fun with every thing.

Axel sure does soak every thing in these days. He knows how to throw stuff into the garbage, he loves harassing the dogs, he likes to comb his own hair and then mom's and he loves getting things for mom. (like when I ask him to find his white shoes..then he does and brings them back to me.) He also has learned some parts of his body. He knows how to point to his nose, mouth, tongue, ears, belly and he know where his diaper goes. He is such a goof ball when I say "okay Axel it's time to change your diaper" he will go get a diaper and start to push it in his groin area. He is such a smarty! Now if I can only teach how to get rid of the diaper and use the toilet! I'm sure I'll say this again but I truly think this is one of the most fun phases. He is really becoming a little person and it's amazing watching him learn each step along the way. Hope every one is staying cool in this crazy humid Minnesota summer.

No comments: