Friday, May 15, 2009

Mother's Day weekend

Hope every one had a great mother's day! Brian and I headed up to Duluth, with out Axel, for the whole weekend. I wasn't sure what I thought about leaving Axel all weekend, but it turned out pretty good. I don't even think Axel new I wasn't there! Grandma Ann does a great job with him. Thanks Grandma!! Luckily Tracy let us use her cell phone so I could call a hundred times to make sure Axel was ok. Yes, I know we still don't have a cell phone! Sorry but I love it-most of the time-except when I need to check on my little dude. So thank you Tracy for letting us use your phone. I'm sure I won't have been able to relax as well with out being able to call or have some one call us. Brian and I just hung out, slept in and took naps all weekend! We seriously didn't do much at all. We had big plans but it was a little rainy so we took that as an excuse to be lazy. We ate a ton of food and slept. What more could I ask for?! Our house in Duluth got grafitti'd a few weeks ago. James, my brother, already had that cleaned up so we didn't have any real 'tasks' to keep us busy. So I guess thanks James for doing all the labor the weekend before so we could be big piles all weekend! We came home Sunday afternoon and went out to dinner at Goerge's pizza in Northfield with the Rapp clan. The greeks make the best pizza ever! Nothing compares to it! It was a good weekend!

Axel said the word ball yesterday. We were playing catch and as I was throwing/rolling it back to him he pointed at it and said "ball"!! It so fun watching him learn. He is also getting another tooth. So now he'll have 4 on top and 3 on the bottom! Such a big boy. So... the little terd doesn't walk yet! He is 16 months old now. His doctor said not to worry that some kids just take there time, but come on dude!! The thing is he is crazy active, it's not like he doesn't get around. He walks holding things-even the smallest wobbly thing there is-but he just won't do it on his own. He can even climb on to the couch and jump up and down on the couch...but he won't walk! I think he is playing me. I wonder if he walks at daycare? I no that he doesn't take a bottle any more at day care, but he insists on having a bottle at home. I know that he knows that I want him to walk, so I think he's just fine taking his sweet time. It's crazy how smart they are and how quick they can play there parent's. I even switched his shoes thinking that might help? I know that there is nothing to worry about-I mean it'll happen-but it seems like it is so much later than every one else! Some times I guess you just have to talk about it to reassure yourself.

1 comment:

Shelly Pagel said...

you are good for letting the finger painting happen! I'm not sure I'm ready for that yet! Axel is still so darn cute... and he'll walk when you least expect and then you won't even remember these days of wondering when it will happen. : ) Hope to see you guys soon.