Monday, January 4, 2021

COVID Vaccine

 I got to be a part of history last week.  I was chosen to get my COVID vaccine.  I lucked out and got in the first wave.  I work on a unit that is considered a COVID unit- mainly any pregnant or delivered patients- with or with out COVID come to my unit.  Each staff member can choose to get the vaccine or not.  I happily signed up as soon as I could!  I will get my second dose on the 14th- 21 days after my first dose.  I got my vaccine for my community, for my family, to have my kids get back to school, to be able to do things again and to bring back date night!  What a great way to end the most unprecedented year we as people, parent's and healthcare workers have ever had.  I'm excited to be a part of history and a part of helping things come back to what we thought was normal.   I think we all need to do our research and feel comfortable with what we are putting on our bodies. If you don't want to get the vaccine-don't.  But I sure am glad I have mine.   I trust the science and the research that has been done!  



xmas sweater on and first dose done!


Cheers to the vaccine and having the chance to get it!  Bring on a healthy, less COVID-y year.  

No comments: