Wednesday, September 30, 2020

Grandpa Coughlin

Almost the whole crew!


Grandma and Grandpa Coughlin 



Today we said good bye to Brian's grandpa Coughlin.  He was diagnosed with cancer only a month ago.  This summer we didn't get to visit like we normally do because of COVID.  We never thought he was sick or that our time would have been this limited.  He was always happy to see us and our boys.  He was one of my biggest blog followers!   Charlies Coughlin was married to his wife, Loretta for 69 years!  Wow,  how amazing is that!  Talk about goals.  The Coughlin's had 12 children.   I always thought it was fun to have another family as big as my moms.  Most people can't understand the fun chaos of large families but Brian always has because of the Coughlin's.   Things I remember of Grandpa.  Helping in his yard and his garden or when him and Brian walked through the garage or the basement B would always end up bringing something home.  And my favorite memory is that he used the word "Love" as a noun.  He called all of us "Love".  It was strange to have a funeral with masks on and with a limited crowd. He was in the Navy so they did the Tap's at his funeral.  I think that is so cool to hear and see the guns fired.   I'm honored to have known you Grandpa Coughlin.  


No comments: