Tuesday, June 23, 2020

The Badlands


We just returned from our first RV trip!  It was full of awesome memories and a little bit of stress. :)  Having full disclosure I have to share the story of the first big stressor of the trip.  We were 30 minutes away from home- not even into the next town- and I broke the handle off the fridge!!!  Yes, you heard it right- I'm smooth like that.  We turned around, paced around the house for a while, I cried, B was steaming but we quickly re-grouped and found out that a butter knife would open the fridge!  So we reloaded the boys and pulled up our boot straps and hit the road for a family adventure.  It was not how I had planned this prefect little family get away to start.  But this is us.  So messy and full of chaos!

We started the trip in the Badlands.  I had never been to the Badlands before.  It was hot and humid. We followed the board walks, tried to stay out of the crowds and the boys climbed rocks!  They could have climbed all day.  The crowds weren't that bad but we still kept it COVID safe- wore masks when needed and kept to our selves.  I had a couple of people ask me if we wanted them to take our picture.  I said no- COVID.  Most people we okay and understood but theirs always the one who gives you a goofy look and seems offended by us saying no.  I have to say I was counting heads around us and we used a lot of hand sanitizer.

Walking down the board walks




Of course the older boys have to test the limits and go WAY out on the edge


Climbing on rocks 





Checking out the scenery 

Axel and Dad climbing again 








Prairie Dogs

They were every where and so close! 











Goats 



Hanging in the RV

Minute Man RV park- first camp site!


I mustache you a question? :)



Watching the sun set 

No comments: