Wednesday, June 24, 2020

Mount Rushmore

Breakfast in the RV
 Next stop on our road trip was Mount Rushmore.  The roads were crazy curvy and we climbed up and down mountains all the back to Mount Rushmore.  B did a great job driving the RV!  I would not have been daring enough to drive it up and down some of those roads.  I really liked Keystone, a little town on the way.  Some day I'd like to go back and explore the town.  It was way to crowded for my comfort- COVID and all.  We again were asked by someone if we wanted them to take our picture.  Again we stated "No thanks- COVID."  South Dakota didn't seem stressed about the virus or wearing masks.  It was easy to get away from the crowds at Mount Rushmore- we followed trails to the back side of the monument.  The black hills area was super pretty.  The trees and mountains- LOVE!  I would come back to that area and camp. 
Mount Rushmore!



More rock climbing 












No comments: