Monday, October 8, 2018

Tornados

We endured a tornado a few weeks ago.  It's been raining a lot lately and because of the wet grounds and winds from the tornado we lost some trees.  We were luck and had no damage to the house or cars, but we did loose 4 big trees in our yard.  It was a ton of work to clean up ans our little town is continuing to clean up all the damage.  I think we were one out of ten houses in town that didn't loose power that night.  Most people didn't get it back for 48 hours.  We were able to watch movies, take hot showers and cook a pizza!  I didn't take many picture because I was to bust cleaning up.  The town was crazy all weekend! 
The force of wind is so crazy!
 

This beauty started tipping the next day and had to be taken down

Sure opened up the back yard 
Me and the boys doing mud masks
Brian was running around checking out the neighbors damage and helping people get across the roads.  We had to drive in our yard to get home because a tree was blocking the road- like most roads in town.  The boys and I decided to try and relax and not think of the storm.  What better way to relax then take time for a mud mask! :)  I love that my boys will do 'girly' things with me.  I was so impressed with our little town and how everyone pitched in to help each other- clean trees, plug in refrigerators and clear out the roads in no time.  Cannon Falls is really a wonderful little town.  So crazy that we were hit by a tornado! 

No comments: