Monday, January 18, 2010

2 years old!!

I can't believe that Axel is already 2 years old! Wow. Axel got to have 2 parties. One at Chuck-E-Cheese with the Rapp's and another at Grandma and Grandpa Hamblins house. We had cake and great food at each party. Axel had a blast with his cousin Ethan playing all the arcade games and winning tickets. Axel is becoming a pro at blowing out candles. It was fun watching him run around with his cousins at the Grandparent's house. He's finally big enough to play with all his cool older cousins. He just loves following any thing they do. It's hard with his B-day so close to the holidays-I think Axel thought every time some one came over he'd get a gift! Back to reality now. Thanks for every one that came to his parties!!
Axel had his 2 year check up. He is holding steady at 4% at a weight of 24.5 pounds! We were excited-the doctor told us that we didn't have to do a weight check until he is 3 years old. Whoo hoo! (we have been doing every 2 month weight checks) He's height is 2 feet and 8 inches. Growing nicely!!
It's amazing how much language Axel has been getting. I think every day I hear him say some thing new. Last night was a heart melter. We read our book like normal and then I rubbed his head like normal and said "I love you" and then Axel looked at me and said "I love you too!" It's that awesome! He loves me...just kidding. But what a neat thing to hear him say. Aahhh... what a sappy moment huh? I almost said ok never mind you don't have to go to bed! I'm such a sucker for him. I'll try and get B-day pictures up soon. (I'm starting to get catch up with my blogs!)

1 comment:

Shelly Pagel said...

oooh that is so sweet! Glad to hear Axel is growing still!