Tuesday, January 21, 2020

12 years old!!

We have officially entered the weird zone of having a pre-teen in the house!  It's crazy how much he has changed and grown up this year.  6th grade- in the middle school.  Middle school has allowed him to become involved in so many thing: cross country, math league, speech, band, choir and robotics. He even had his first school dance- so awesome and scary!   He was on the A honor roll during the first semester!  He has big plans to go to MIT.  Keep up the grades and it will help! 













Turning 12 is a big deal! He only has one year left and he really is a teenager!  When did that happen?  This year has been full of school activities and friends.  Being social is a big part of his life now. (we did end up getting him a cell phone this year also- its been nice for communication for picks ups and what not)  Axel is officially taller then me and his shoes have grown 3 sizes this school year alone!  He is hot and cold with his personality right now- way more then he ever was.  I have to remind myself to take a breath and give him space.  I remember being his age and I get it- there is a lot to figure out.  I love the talks we have in the evening.  He is becoming such a cool interesting person.  (he even put his head on my shoulder while sitting on the couch the other night- I could have sat there all night :) sure doesn't happen very often any more.)  Happy Birthday (Jan 5th) to my first born.  I'm so proud of you! 

No comments: