Monday, September 28, 2015

Half way point!



I've been meaning to blog about my Graduate school experience more but I seem to always forget.  I just started another class last week.  I am officially at the half way point!  It seems like I've been in school for ever and have a long ways to go, but half way is promising!  I have been taking classes at Augsburg College working on my masters degree in nursing leadership.  My work has a benefit of tuition assistance up to a certain amount each year- about 5,000$.  This covers almost 2 classes per year- so that's what I have been taking.  I want to finish grad school with No student loans.  I know it'll take me longer but anyone out there will student loans could understand not wanting to start that process. (I haven't had any students loans yet and don't want to end with any)  I think one class is enough with working full time, 3 kids at home, trying to find time to be a wife and having 45 hours of practicum to do with each class.
So here I am in my second week of class- stressing about all the work that needs to be done.  I try to cram as much studying in as I can during nap time otherwise I get up early to finish stuff up.  I like to keep our evenings open for hubby and walking dead time:) My class this semester is called:
Nursing Leadership in Complex Adaptive Systems.
course content-  This course examines trans-cultural care systems through a complex science lens and a nursing leadership perspective.
practicum- We get to attend a conference, which will cover most of the hours.  The conference I am attending is a Pediatric Integrative Care Conference.  It's offered in the cities and covers alternative therapies that are available to the inpatient pediatric population.  I am excited to see what other hospitals do and if I can bring any of them into my practice- or my thesis paper. :) Oh and I get to spend a night in a hotel- all by myself.  Should be fun- I can't wait to order a pizza, sit in my Pj's and watch a movie :) (of course after I learn a ton at the conference)


1 comment:

jules said...

Wow. Seriously. You do it all!!! I can't imagine adding something else to my plate, but somehow we just figure it out, don't we?!?! Now men on the other hand.... ;) ;) ;)

And a night in a hotel alone sounds wonderful. (If you decide you want to go out for a drink and dinner instead, let me know! I am closeby!)