Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Nobel Peace Prize Forum

Last weekend I attended the Nobel Peace Prize Forum.  It was a conference about inspiring peacemaking.  It was hosted by my college Augsburg. There was focus on human rights & democracy, and disarmament & sustainability.  It was the first time I have EVER been away from my boys for two nights in a row .  It was only in Minneapolis but it was still so much fun to stay in a hotel for 2 nights.   I'm a total nerd for taking this as my first trip away. Anyways... it was pretty cool. I heard discussions/presentations from amazing people from all over the world- one evening being an ex-president!  It has been intimidating and eye opening to me on what some people do and have been through.  The two days flew by and I got a ton of clinical hours for school.  
   

ex-president Jimmy Carter

The best part about staying in the cities- The Food!!





Augsburg Students



2 comments:

jules said...

Good for you, Shanna! And you look AWESOME...seriously. Can't believe you have 3 little ones!!!

And that food looks amazing. Any restaurant recommendations?

Rapp family fun said...

Thanks Julie- you are too nice!
I went to Ling & Louie's for the asain food- super yummy! The french toast was at the hotel resturant. (the radission blue)

I have been dying to get to Black Sheep Pizza. Have you been? Maybe for my B-day this year. Love me some Pizza!! I've heard that's a good one.